Monday, January 31, 2011

White Bean Chicken Chili

Last night was the first time I made this recipe. We all LOVED it!! Really good, full of flavor -- perfect for a chilly day/night =)

:Ingredients:

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced

1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 (18.75 ounce) can tomatillos, drained and chopped (I used a can of chopped tomatoes)
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles (I used fire roasted, didn't mean too lol)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed (didn't use this)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 ears fresh corn (I used a bag of frozen corn)
1 pound diced, cooked chicken meat
1 (15 ounce) can white beans
1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste

:Directions:

Heat oil, and cook onion and garlic until soft.
Stir in broth, tomatillos, tomatoes, chilies, and spices. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
Add corn, chicken, and beans; simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Amt per serving 220 Calories 6.1 grams of fat


**I added the cheese & avocado for Paul & the kids, I left mine plain. I also served warm french bread with it**

2 comments:

  1. I love trying different chili recipes, this one sounds so yummy, and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really REALLY yummy & yes...healthy, too! :)

    ReplyDelete